(This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure policy here.)
Who won’t go for a fairer skin? Not me, at least. Finding a quick safe and impact-giving solution to your dull skin would be like a pond in the desert. Instead of a long, panicking wait to get brighter skin by using night creams, a facial with accelerated results is a much better option.
HydraFacial is one of those treatments which have gathered hype. But they also come with many questions. Here is one of those: Can HydraFacial ruin my skin?
No, HydraFacial cannot ruin your skin apparently. On the other hand, it promises you brighter skin even after one sitting. Exfoliating cleans the pores, removes the dead skin cell debris and infuses serums according to your skin type.
Is this it? Of course not. You need to know even more, especially when you choose a skin-care treatment. It is a matter of great concern for the delicacy of the body area that demands your full attention. Stay tuned for better information to help yourself with the right choice.
What Is a HydraFacial? How does It work?
HydraFacial is a spa treatment also done in dermatology centers. There is a mechanized wand that physically touches your skin to do the work. It is a three-step process.
- First, it cleans your skin deeply.
- Then it exfoliates the dead skin cells.
- Finally, it hydrates your skin by infusing serums in it.
What does it do?
The treatment is more of a professional type which can do away with many of your problems, including acne, wrinkles and dryness.
Can HydraFacial Damage Skin? Explore the Insider Facts
As we discussed earlier, it is not damaging your skin on an apparent level. But as you go deeper into the study, you realize how you should stay balanced while using such facials in general.
First and foremost, your knowledge about your skin is very important. If your skin is prone to acne, has an active rash, or has a sunburn, HydraFacial would definitely be a wrong choice all the way long.
The story, however, doesn’t end here. As HydraFacial has gained hype in recent years and gives you a magical glow from the very first treatment, the customers are increasing in numbers like a skyrocket.
The short-term results of HydraFacial are not bad, but dermatologists are still unaware of the long-term responses of the facial, which is a point to worry about.
Following are the points you need to know as the evidence of skin damage after HydraFacial:
Short-term results of HydraFacial include breakouts of the skin. This occurs as purging, where the skin’s impurities rise to the upper layers of the skin.
It leads to acne, whiteheads, blackheads or spots on the face. I advise you to keep that in mind if you need to attend a function or a gathering. The facial should not be done right before an event.
- Reports are there of broken veins after HydraFacial.
- It also has caused uneven skin to many customers.
- They suffered from dart pigmentation and also acne.
- Continuous treatments have led to paper-thin skin in many people, which caused brown blotches on the face, a serious disaster.
How long does it take to see results from HydraFacial?
The good news is you need not wait for even a day to see the result. In fact, you can notice a brighter and fairer look before you leave the spa or the dermatology center.
The procedure takes not more than an hour and the results are even quicker. However, the results may vary with people who have sensitive skin.
Let us see again what basically are the perks your skin immediately enjoys after HydraFacial.
- Hydrated skin
- Plump, bright and clear complexion
- Removal of wrinkles to take you towards anti-aging
- Balanced and even skin
Dr. Guanche, a board-certified dermatologist, says about the facial that the treatment works on the wrinkles and fine lines, makes the skin firm, improves the skin tone and texture and also helps your enlarged pores to shrink back in size.
What are the Side effects of HydraFacial?
Talking about skin treatments, there is always a special thinking corner in your brain with a sign board “be careful!” The skin treatments are always delicate and need your attention more.
The side effects depend more on how your skin responds to skin treatments.
- If you have sensitive skin, the facial may result in a flared-up active rash or rosacea.
- Due to a deep cleansing process, the facial would likely bring a small number of breakouts to your skin. It brings out the impurities of your skin, so such breakouts are regular and should be expected.
- There is a possibility of your skin being allergic to some of the ingredients which are used in the HydraFacial. This can cause a reaction.
- A slightly lighter side effect is the pressure the mechanical wand can cause on your skin. This can be uncomfortable for some people.
Note: It has always been a recommendation by dermatologists to have a meeting with your consultant before undergoing any skin treatment. The more you know about your skin health, the less you will face any side effects.
What should you not do after a HydraFacial?
HydraFacial is one of those skin treatments that do not require downtime or any special care. Like a normal skincare routine, you can start doing what you normally do.
Still, if you want the delicacy of your skin to remain as it is, you always need to be extra cautious after any type of skin treatment. Try some of these precautions after your HydraFacial for better results and protected skin:
- Avoid sun exposure, tanning beds or intense heat exposure for a day after the treatment.
- Avoid exfoliating treatment, waxing or use of depilatories for at least two days.
- Avoid makeup for that very day when you get your HydraFacial.
- Avoid using over-the-counter skin products as they might have damaging ingredients which are clinically not approved by dermatologists.
- Don’t go for any chemical peel for two weeks after the treatment.
|Hydropeptide SPF 30 sunscreen
|Daily for 3-5 days
|PCA Hyaluronic Boosting Serum
|Twice a day for 30 days
|PCA Face wash
Can HydraFacial cause breakouts?
Yes, it can cause breakouts. But the point is not to worry about it. Why is it so?
Because the skin undergoes a deep cleansing and the dirt comes out, the occurrence of black or whiteheads or acne is likely to happen.
But this won’t last long. Yet there are some other things I might tell you:
- The hardness or roughness of the skin can be because of a bit more pressure on your skin by the mechanical wand.
- It also depends on your skin condition. You can tell your aesthetician to do less exfoliating and more hydrating.
- And last but not least, apply sunscreen daily, moisturize almost every time and stay away from immense heat.
If your problem persists, go for expert advice.
Is HydraFacial safe? Do they scar?
Well, if you are worried about the breakouts you experience after the HydraFacial, it is not worth the anxiety.
The facial does deep cleansing and the pores’ impurities are taken out; breakouts are normal. These breakouts are good, not an alarming bell. The breakouts would not scar but let the skin get rid of impurities through breakouts.
Case Study: Has anyone tried a hydra facial?
Rough skin after HydraFacial
I recently came across a Redditor who shared her experience of going through HydraFacial treatment and readily complained about skin roughness afterward.
She states that her skin felt like a carpeted surface near the chin and some face parts. What she did was use aloe vera gel and vitamin E oil to reduce the discomfort and burning.
The solution to this can be asking for a lighter treatment in which the serum induction is more than the exfoliating. Further, using sunscreen and moisturizers day and night would reduce the outbreaks.
Why is my skin so dry after HydraFacial?
The treatment includes a peel component which can cause dryness later. So better to ask for a customized treatment according to your skin type for less dryness reaction.
Is HydraFacial good for sensitive skin?
Yes, it is good for people with sensitive skin because it is composed to be non-irritating.
How long do the effects of HydraFacial last?
The effects last for 5-7 days.
How long does redness last after HydraFacial?
The skin is expected to react and show redness within the next 72 hours of the facial. It is more prone to sunburn. You need to be cautious after the treatment to avoid such harsh and irritating reactions.
HydraFacial cannot ruin your skin unless you become careless in the aftermath of the facial. The more you consult before and take the necessary measures, the results will be more favorable for you.
The rejuvenation effect of the HydraFacial is something you would yearn for. Stay young and beautiful. Feel free to share your experience about the HydraFacial effect on your skin.
Disclaimer: The information included at this site is for educational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for medical treatment by a health care professional. Because of unique individual needs, the reader should consult their physician to determine the appropriateness of the information for the reader’s situation.